Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Happiness of Fathers

How can one put into words the immense impact that a father has on your life?  Let alone grandfathers, godfathers, fathers-in-law....

Attempting to put all the joy, wisdom, kindness, and strength into words is an unreasonable task.  So here I sit, reflecting on the impact and love I am thankful for from my father, and all of the father figures in my life.  

I cherish nature walks and I think of them everyday because I am in nature everyday.

I hold close your big heart and open mind.  It has allowed me to feel love and to give love and to remain open to the adventure of life.

Wednesday Night Basketball.  It taught me the value of teammates and friends and the importance of physical activity.  It feels good to run and laugh and play.

The cottage on Lake Michigan and bags of caramel corn.  There's nothing more special than relaxing with your family.  And some sweetness and salt is always good too. :-)

I love the smell of lake water.  It reminds me of Lake Michigan.  And the marina, and fishing boats, and the S.S. Minnow.  Fishing is one of the greatest pastimes.  Quiet, peaceful, reflective, and sustaining.

Garage sales and casinos.  The thrill of deal; the thrill of a win.  The smiles that go along with either; the smiles and laughter everyone finds along the way.

Hunting season, rides to DairyDays and night trips to the beach, steaks on the grill (or any meat on the grill), ebay.  Trips to Ponderosa, travels to SHS sporting events, homemade treats, strawberry shortcake, watching ER....the list goes on and on.  I think of all these things, and more, more often than I can recall.  Life is happening, Toby needs a walk, the laundry needs to be thrown over and I have to keep on keeping on.  But these are the thoughts that season my days and I am so thankful to be well seasoned!!  

Happy Fathers Day, Dad.  I love you.  And to Grandpa Wunsch, Grandpa Ray, and Terry.  You are all so special to our families, beyond what words can say.

I love you all.  XOXO


Grillmasters for our Mothers Day Cookout 2015.

Grandpa Ray and Katie on Christmas morning 2013.

Grandpa Wunsch, Aunt Kathy, and I at a Tigers game.

No comments:

Post a Comment